Continuous crashes, execution errors and other problems with the use of this emulator for Play Station will no longer exist. Let’s see how to configure it correctly
Let’s start the article by specifying that we are against piracy in general. The need to make this emulator work is in the fact that it is a product of 18 years ago and that, unfortunately, if you want, it is very difficult to get a console working with the games that we want. The need for this guide comes from the fact that the configuration is not very clear to be able to boot a ROM or a CD without getting errors or crashes. Just think that the ePSXe download package is self-sufficient to work, and that there is no need to download additional files or update software on your PC.
If you have already proceeded to download and configure ePSXe without success, do not scruple and eliminate everything to start over.
- Let’s go to the official ePSXe page and download the latest version for our operating system
- Unpack the .zip file you just downloaded
- Open the folder you just unzipped and start the ePSXe.exe file located inside
- Open the Configure> Wizard menu to start the configuration procedure
- We will be notified of the configuration procedure, press the Continue >> key
- We will be warned that in the libraries of the emulator is missing the bios psx, rubghococene and click on OK
- We select HLE Bios and click Next >>
- We select Pete’s OpenGL2 GPU core 2.0.0. and click Next >>
- We select ePSXe SPU core 2.0.0. and click Next >>
- We select ePSXe CDR WNT / W2K core 2.0.0. and click Next>>
- We configure the 2 controllers and click Next>>
- At the end of the configuration click on Well to end it
- At this point we open the menu Configure> Video, select the button on the bottom left Fast, select Screen Mode and click on OK
- We end the configuration by going to the Options menu> CPU overclocking and selecting the value x1
- Configuration completed
Now just select the File menu> Start ISO or Start CDROM to start the game you want. We just have to get the Gamepads to use to play. I bought the CLS Wireless Gamepad for PC, and playing from under the covers connecting the computer to the TV 49 ” becomes a pleasure.