How to resolve the startup errors of the Dolby Digital Plus Home Theather at every PC startup that are occurring after the latest Windows 10 updates
The latest Windows 10 updates are having a problem on my Dolby Digital Plus machine. The error message is as follows
The current version of the Dolby Digital Plus audio driver is 22.214.171.124 but the software application requires version 126.96.36.199. Install a valid software driver-application combination.
Internet research leads to a single solution:
- Download previous versions of the driver from the website of your computer manufacturer
- uninstall the driver currently in use
- install the previous version of the driver you just downloaded
Too bad that not all computers have the ability to download previous versions of the driver from the manufacturer's website.
How I solved it
I specify that I do not consider this the definitive solution, because I have only tested it on two different computers. In my case it turned out to be working, but it does not necessarily work on all the computers.
- Open the Device Manager window by selecting it from the menu that opens by right-clicking on the Windows logo on the taskbar
- Look for the Realtek High Definition Audio audio controller and uninstall it
- Restart the computer
- Repeat the operation by uninstalling the same controller for the second one
- Wait a few minutes instead of restarting the computer, so that the device automatically reconfigures itself
- Open Dolby Digital Plus by searching for the app from the Windows taskbar
At this point we will see Dolby Digital Plus start and we will be able to choose our favorite audio preset. If the operation is not successful, try to repeat from zero all the steps listed. If the operation is successful, the Dolby Digital Plus will start to start automatically when the PC starts up.